Friday, March 09, 2007

My first TV commercial

I modelled for Dinakaran newspaper. The commercial will be aired on Sun TV starting tomorrow, everyday till the end of the World Cup series.

After a two year compering stint with Jaya TV, doing a TV commercial was a totally different, yet BORING experience. 16 hours of shooting for a 40 seconds commercial(in which I appear for 15 seconds) vis-à-vis one hour of shooting for a half an hour program as anchor. Big difference.

What I did find exciting though was that I got to dub my own voice.

Also I met several interesting people who wanted to give an arm and a leg for that 15 second appearance. And some gifted children who stole the show by being absolute pros belting out numerous variations in expression that the director wanted.

No comments: