Thursday, October 24, 2013

My TOP 4 MANTRAS to stay inspired

I just got off the phone with an ex-team mate who was looking for some inspiration .“ How do you manage to stay energetic and do all of these multiple things? Do you alone have some 28 hours in a day?” AwwJ … that sounded like a big compliment and I hope to be able to keep up with this energy.
But, in order to give her a real answer, I started thinking about how people can really channelize their energies and focus on what keeps us happy and fresh.

Inspiration is all around us
If I were to speak for myself, my daughter and her banter is my everyday tonic. Likewise, a good piece of music, an engaging  conversation, reading about successful people, the bounties of nature, the range of the human intellect, any of these can be our source for daily inspiration.

Learn something new every single day
It works like magic in keeping us fresh. Nationalised banks used to have the wonderful practice of teaching a new Hindi word everyday.  Each of us could explore learning something new in our chosen area of interest.  Setting aside even ten minutes a day towards that is a start toward keeping ourselves joyful and relevant.

Huffing and puffing never goes to waste
Half an hour of brisk walking or yoga or gymming.. whatever works for you.. make sure you do so. The times  I  have fallen off the wagon on my work outs have been the most miserable phases of my life. It is quite difficult to stick to it.  But , I know for sure that I am more productive and creative on the days I work out in the morning.  So I don’t ever give up. I have taken to running recently and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

Annual goals work like crazyyyy
Every birthday I take stock on the year that was and what has gone well and not well during the year.  I give myself a pat on the back for the things that were checked and set some new goals for the next.  There have been some years where I have felt completely lost and off course. But that only made me stronger to make the next year work better. This is my way of “max”ing my life. Each one of us could have a unique way of taking stock. Writing bucket lists and breaking down that list into yearly goals is a great way to start.

By the way ... all that multitasking in the past few months produced this. Hope you like it!


No comments: