Thursday, May 18, 2006

Perspirational Genius

When I encounter genius I cry. Sometimes weep. I wonder why? What is it that blows my mind away completely and brings the tears gushing out? Perhaps I am weak. Perhaps I am sensitive. Perhaps I am sublime. Perhaps I am insane.

It then dawns on me that I weep, not because of all the above reasons, but because I want to be that genius, and I am not. In fact, I may never be. I am tired of being Jack of all trades and master of none. I crave virtuosity.

My soul meanders desultorily in search of a meteoric streak of genius that will explode from within me. Is there a meter to indicate if i have it in me? Would I see a blinding ray of light to signal my stroke of genius? Maybe a bell would ring to bring epiphany.

Whatever the signs are, I'll wait, albeit impatiently.

Someone said "Leave your footprints on the sands of time". I can bet he didn't write a "how to" manual on the subject? Because you have only one way to do it. Be a goddamm genius!

Math Genius! Chess Genius! Music Genius! Literary Genius! What genius are you? I ain't one today. But, if genius is 99% pespiration, I still have hope.

I will perspire!

2 comments:

Shashi said...

U R ACTUALLY A KING OF ALL TRADES AND NOT JACK

BUNNY

T.Padmhasini said...

You are absolutely right. Its just 99% sweat. You are in the making dont worry