Saturday, March 24, 2007

My yellow STUNNER

I drive a yellow car. Just bought it a couple of weeks ago. When I chose yellow, I did it spontaneously because I just love the colour. Also, I have pretty much done the rounds on all the other colours in my previous cars. So why not a yellow?

My yellow car is obviously a stunner. A stunner usually invokes only two types of reactions from the observer. Either a WOW or an ARGGHHH. Only, the wow my yellow stunner invokes may actually mean “ARGGH. How could she do this?” These observers don’t know that I am adept at figuring out whether their wow is a wow or an arrgghh. Maybe they do. That’s why they suffix the “WOW” with.. “I mean…TOO MUCH..COOL” etc. ( relax I know what you are trying to tell me). Some people get gutsy enough to ask me “ How come you chose yellow? Your daughter must lovvve it”. (Hey the mother loves it even more!) Some others actually tease me outright on my choice.

As you can see I am having a good time making out who’s honest and who’s not. But no offense. People have their views as they get to see the yellow more, not I sitting in the drivers seat.

But my yellow stunner becoming such a hot topic of debate drove me to do some research on effects of colours on people and colour connotations. My research tells me that inherently, people are afraid to be stunning, daring and different. They would rather blend.

On yellow I found that cheerful sunny yellow is an attention getter. While it is considered an optimistic color, people lose their tempers more often in yellow rooms, and babies will cry more. It is the most difficult color for the eye to take in, so it can be overpowering if overused. Yellow enhances concentration, hence its use for legal pads. It also speeds metabolism.

So by corollary, if people honk louder at me in traffic, it is my yellow working its magic on them. I didn’t break no rules!

But, who cares about psychobabble. Cheers to my yellow stunner!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You should call your blogspace "LIFE IS YELLOW! :-)