Monday, March 26, 2007

POnzzzzzzzzziyizzzzzzzn Selzzzzzzzzzzzvzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanzzzzzzzzz

My grandma is one of the faithful readers of my blog. I love writing for her.Even if she has to be given a printout and explained the context everytime I post something. Even if she feels i should be writing for The Hindu or I am wasting my time. Even if, after reading my ramblings, she always comes up with"Ellam Seri. Thamizh le ezhudina evalo jora irukkum?"

She urges me to read thamizh novels so I can improve my vocabulary and start writing in thamizh.

I want to. I really want to. But there is a problem. Within 5 minutes of focussed thamizh book-reading, I fall asleep. Instant sedative.

But you know how grandmas' voices can be. Keeps taunting one like an asareeri.
To delight Patty and improve my sense of self worth, I picked up a couple of thamizh books from a friend who also gifted me Ponniyin Selvan in the hope that I would one day graduate to reading literature.

After toiling through the 2 lovely books for over 2 months, I have graduated to Ponniyin Selvan today. z z z z z z z z z z z z z zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

No comments: