Thursday, March 29, 2007

Forty-Plus Friendships

None of my friends (and a few close relatives who are more of friends) over forty years of age like to be addressed as a forty-plus friend. Don’t know why the truth bothers them so much. ( I am ok with being thirty plus) . To me their forty plus wisdom, maturity and intensity make them even better as friends. Their sanity and stability juxtaposed with my lack of both makes it a balanced and super friendship.

I am not always insane though. The sane me surfaces whenever I have to bail the Forties out of their mood swings and mid-life crises.

I only wish these adorable forties knew how precious and wonderful they are and took care of their health. Because, they have an incredibly selfish younger friend who wants them around and active when she goes through her mid-life crisis.

Is that too much to ask? ( maybe I should advance MY crisis by a decade!!!!)

2 comments:

Anisha said...

hey...!
thts sooo sweet!!!!
but lemme tell u 1 thing...by what i hv noticed frm ur 'forties friend' u dont want to advance your mid life crisis!!!
lu bunny!!

Unknown said...

I never imagined you wud ever require that kind of help, mid-life crisis or not - to me you are already one who is 40 plus - mental age.....its the kind of experience life gives you and you take from life baby - and i think I told you this before, experience is not what happens to you but what you do with what happens to you. And whoever said 40 plus (real age) have achieved an intellectual halo?